14/02/2007

Acupunctured

Waking up on tuesday morning I reckoned a bad pain in my neck. It was screaming for some human touch. Since I couldn't go to school until getting rid of it I decided to use the opportunity and try some Chinese massage. The first place I found looked closed, but had a promising sign saying "Massage only". I rang the door bell even though the place looked suspicously closed. It took about forever until the door was opened. I was greeted by a tiny girl in enormous high heels and a very short skirt. She told me that she would love to give me a massage, but not if I was in pain. Then it was medical and I had to go somewhere else. Door slammed in my face. Ok. Strange. But maybe it was just for the better.

So eventually I found the right place. I was acupunctured (did you know they use electronical devices from the 70's to electrify the customs?), and massaged. To my surprice it included no lying down on nice massage beds and listening to cosy music. I spent an hour sitting on a tiny stool and commuinicating in my extremely poor dutch with the Chinese grand mother who finally cured me. But before I left she told me I have to come back at least three more times. And that I shouldn't work so much with the computer.
Tove

No comments: